Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lonely.

Every once in awhile I dream of becoming an author, of actually getting paid to write, of having an audience. I always come to my senses. I am not prolfic, or that good, and mostly I don't exactly have a lot of stories to tell. Nano has helped realize not all of that is true. When I let myself have fun with plotting, lots of things come pouring out. Nano has also proved that I can write longer things, which I am really excited about.

But I still don't think I could be an author. I'm not convinced my stories are interesting enough, or that I write well enough. I need practice, but also training, I think. What has really plauged me latel, however, is the lack of audience. I feel like I'm talking to myself, and it's very depressing.

Maybe I'd just feel better if I turned comments off. Gods, I'm such a douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment