Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back On Track!

3495!! :D :D :D

Back on track in terms of word count, that is.  I should have gone to bed an hour ago. I'm exhausted. I did a lot today life-wise.  Hopefully I can sleep, and sleep in.

Tomorrow I'm going to my parents to spend some time with them. Tonight has proved to me that it won't necessarily hurt my word count.  I just need to write write write and not worry if it isn't great or particularly interesting or any of things I normally freeze over. It's a rough draft. Seeing as I've never written anything close to 50,000 words, I am just hoping to get there, not to get there gracefully.

If there ends up being anything of worth in what I've written great!  I can take the story through many iterations in January! I say January because I'm going to want a freaking break in December, besides, walking away for a bit is healthy I think.  Kim Harrison does it, and she's like my idol.  She writes my most favourite stories.  I don't aim to be like her.... not now.  Maybe 10 books from now...  Maybe...

I'm convinced the more I write, the better I'll get.  Better at letting go.  Better at listening to my characters. Better at making them feel real.  Better at making their story compelling.  All sorts.  I used to write better than I do right now, so I know I can get at least a little better.  I really do believe practice makes plateau, but I'm also sure I'm not on or (maybe?) even near mine.

Now to figure out how to get my last two paragraphs on my phone so I can write on the ride home to Hamilton tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment