Tuesday, November 2, 2010

4 Hours Sleep! :(

This is not the way I like to start my day, let me tell you!  Didn't get to sleep until midnight, woke up at 4am, hungry and unable to go back to sleep. At first I thought it was just acid reflux. No such luck.  By the time hubby's alarm went off I was ravenous.  I hate sleeping in fits and starts like this! And I'm not going to be able to sleep all morning, I have company coming over. But I will have to nap today at some point or I'm just going to make myself sick with exhaustion. *sigh*

On the bright side, I've mapped out my first 'scene', or maybe it's a chapter? I'm not sure yet. But at least now I know what I want to happen!

I do not, however, want to spend tomorrow early morning mapping out the next one! ugh. I hope I can get some real sleep soon.

Maybe if I figure out today how to go from first kiss to first fuck I'll be able to sleep better....  I refuse to let them happen in the same night. I want this to go slowly.... but I'm not entirely sure I want to write all that.. that's not the story I'm really interested in...never have been from the start...perhaps I started my novel in the wrong spot... hrm...

I'm so tempted to tweak. I'm only 700 words in.  But if I tweak now, I may never get beyond 700 words!  No no.  This is not the time for revisions.  I'll have to muddle through somehow....  If I ever manage a second draft, then I can tweak then.

It's acceptable to skip time in a novel isn't it??  Maybe we can meet the best friend... flesh her out a bit.... I really want to just skip ahead here.. really really.  maybe I will tweak.... There beginning is just so not important to me.... gods I'm such a bitch...

Is it acceptable to begin a novel with a montage? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment