Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tired

So yesterday I somehow managed to write 3,000 words, in the two hours I was on the GO bus going back and forth from a family function.

It was a long-ass day, and very tiring for me. I went to bed early and ended up sleeping for 12 hours!! o.0  And I'm still tired, so I'll likely need a nap this afternoon.

I'm really impressed with myself though.  3,000 words in two hours is likely a record for me!

This means I have 11,000 words to go.  In three days. oie vey. I don't know if I'm going to make it, but I'm going to try.  And my hubby is being a total slave driver about it. He keeps telling me to write, and write until my eyes bleed. It's totally annoying, and also really nice that he's being so supportive.

Off to write!  Though.. I've hit at impass on one side.  My assassin has finished her job and made it safely home.  Now I'm really not sure what to do with her next.  Do I show her at home relaxing??  Do we catch up with her on her next job??  I don't even know what her next job should be!!  If I'm following my dream, then there's stealing a car, running from the feds, a car chase, a car crash, and my girl walking away with a nasty head wound...  Why she had to steal a car, or why the feds are chasing her I have no idea. I'm not even sure we need to know why she's being chased, but it would likely be a better story if we knew why she was at a convention centre type place, and why she had to steal a car to leave, and didn't have a ride of her own... hrm...

Anyway, that bit clearly has kinks to work out.  The other bit that's the love story, I know where it needs to go, I just think I'm shit at writing arguments.  I'm not very good at arguing in the first place so yeah.. But it doesn't have to be perfect, it's a rough draft!  Even my favourite author says she struggles to get dialogue right, so I'm in good company. :)

Wish me luck!

Maybe I need to throw another random sex scene in there somewhere. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment